Thursday, April 15, 2010

i'm not wearing any pants

Okay, I am wearing pants right now. But while I was just sitting here, dreaming of warm summer days, I decided to pose a little challenge for myself.

For the entire week next week - that is, Monday through Friday - I won't be wearing any pants. No, I won't just be wearing a shirt and my underwear, I mean I will only be wearing skirts or dresses all week. I have such a big collection of dresses that I never wear because I just instantly reach for my jeans. I want to break out of that habit, so I figured this challenge would be a good way to start.

I'm not sure what to expect for weather next week yet, maybe I should save this challenge for a warmer month? See already I am baking out of my own idea! Fine, weather permitting I will be wearing a dress or skirt all week next week. I only have so many pairs of tights. Maybe I'll make this a seasonal thing. How I wore pants for a week in the spring, summer, winter...etc. That would be fun.

Alright, that's it. I'm doing it. I'm committed.

Here are some dresses I'm feeling right now:

Dress from American Eagle: I'm really into pairing neutrals with neons and brights right now, so I would probably stack on some multi-colored bangles and my neon green belt.
Dress from ModCloth: I have nothing but complete love for this dress. The stripes are flattering, the belt has a bow, it's made of soft jersey. Reaching for my credit card...
Dress from Forever 21: Can't beat this - it's $23. Another bow belt - can you tell I'm into those right now? Plus I'm into chambray for spring and summer, and I love the sort of 50's housewife feel this has. Definitely scouting this one out.

Skirt from ModCloth: I always forget about skirts for some reason. I need to buy more. This one is soft, pretty, with a light pattern. I like the idea of pairing it with a striped top for some fun pattern mixing.

Dress from ModCloth: I'm a sucker for dresses that look like skirts and tops. Much like when I was in middle school and was a sucker for those shirts that looked like two layered shirts but weren't
Skirt from ModCloth: Every time I pull up the site and see this skirt I am drawn to it, despite the fact I think it would look horrendous on me. There is a dress with the same pattern as well. I think it's the pattern that really gets me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails