Thursday, January 10, 2013

Winter of Me

So this needs to be addressed on here in order for this blog to progress as I want it to, so I'm just going to come right out and say it: Boyfriend and I are no more. We broke up. After eleven years together we found ourselves headed in completely different directions and it made more sense for us to go our separate ways.

I painstakingly edited this photo. I am calling it "THE SADNESS". Ironically taken at the Happiest Place on Earth.


Yes, it is very sad and upsetting. No, it is not the end of the world, or the end of my life. I am also hopeful I won't become a spinster. The jury is still out on that one.

Boyfriend and I are still friendly, for which I am extremely grateful. Being together as long as we had been, it would have been much more difficult, I think, if we had had an angry and awful breakup. I am glad that isn't the case.

It's been a few months since we broke up, and when it first happened I was adamant that I would take this time for myself and really focus on who I am, who I want to become, and all the goals I hope to accomplish. Not that he was ever holding me back from any of those things, but I'm sure you'll agree that doing things on one's own can sometimes be so much easier. So, I vowed to make this winter the Winter of Me.

I'm focusing on becoming the best possible version of myself. I don't plan on accomplishing this in one season, but I'd like to get a solid start in the right direction. Health, fitness, finances, home - all of those things are getting some small tweaks or a major overhaul. 

I plan on documenting my journey through the Winter of Me here on ye old blog, and I'm pretty excited to document all the ridiculous things I'm sure I'll be up to. While I'm sad this chapter of my life has come to an end, I'm super excited for a new one to begin.

Happy 2013 everyone!

xx, Katrina


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails