Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Guest Post: Girl in the Poodle Shoes

This is my first ever guest post exchange and I could not be more excited to be doing it with Casey of Girl in the Poodle Shoes


I actually met Casey at the very first Boston Blogger Meetup I ever went to, back in February 2012. It is SO out of my comfort zone to drive into Boston and meetup with a bunch of people I don't know. I really can't believe I went. But I'm so glad I did, since I met some really wonderful people and found some really great blogs (including Casey's!). I pretty much just clung to her the entire night because we seemed to hit it off so well.


Since then we have had a delightful lady date in Harvard Square, complete with knock-your-socks-off good hot chocolate, a few more blogger meetups, and a clothing swap mixed in there somewhere. 


Anyway, Casey is an amazing style blogger who has the cutest closet ever. I want to steal everything in it. She is the queen of the printed pant and statement necklace and basically looks like she stepped out of a J. Crew catalog all the time. You should all definitely hop over there (after you read her guest post!) and check it out.

Oh hey Sparkle is a Color readers! I’m Casey from Girl in the Poodle Shoes blogging here for the day.

If looking back on the past few months’ worth of my blog posts have taught me anything, it’s that I have a slightly unhealthy obsession with crazy pants that I just can’t seem to shake. Not saying that I’ve tried to shake the crazy, but rather that I’ve given up and decided to embrace it. Hardly a day goes by that I’m not wearing outrageous bottoms. Neon, leopard, metallic, you name it—I have a pant for it.



I tried to tone down the craziness factor when I wore them to work the other day by pairing them with my simple navy top from Ann Taylor and my “tin mans” a.k.a. metallic silver pointy-toed flats. Whenever I wear something that’s on the statement end of the spectrum to work, I make it a point to keep the rest of my outfit very simple. Although I will admit the silver flats might be pushing the definition of “simple” here.

It was love at first sight with these silver flats from J. Crew after seeing them and their heeled version on various bloggers. It seemed to me that they somehow magically went with everything—and I swear they do. In addition to these pants, I wear them with jeans, leggings, my snakeskin pants, I’d even wear them with a dress come summertime (I think). I have come to believe that metallic shoes can really dress up an outfit. They’ll even add a glam factor to a simple t-shirt and distressed jeans for a daytime high-low look.
Top: Ann Taylor
Pant: H&M
Shoes: J. Crew
Bracelet: J. Crew
Shades: Anthropologie
Lipstick: Nars "Schiap"
Coat: J. Crew

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails