Friday, December 30, 2011

Ten Day Challenge: Four Books

Okay, this one is gonna be hard because I love to read and have so many favorite books! Here goes nothing...

 Screen Shot 2011-12-30 at 9.35.35 PM

1. Rebecca - This is hands down my very favorite book ever. My grandmother told me for years and years to read it and I was all "Yeah Grammy, that book is old, it's probably boring." Then I finally read it. It's so, so amazing people. Read it, love it.

 Screen Shot 2011-12-30 at 9.41.40 PM

2. Harry Potter - Yes, all seven. I don't care if that's cheating. If you made me pick, I'd say Prisoner of Azkaban was my favorite, though. Or the first one. That one still gives me chills every time I read it. I can remember what it felt like before all the books came out and you had no idea what was coming next, but you knew it would be magical (pun intended).

Screen Shot 2011-12-30 at 9.51.56 PM

3. Catcher in the Rye - Oh Holden. I want to name my son after you but I worry he'll end up troubled. Plus, we'll never be able to afford all those boarding schools. You're the boy all the girls want to "fix."

 Screen Shot 2011-12-30 at 9.58.01 PM

4. Practical Magic - I am an Alice Hoffman fan, mainly because my mother is an Alice Hoffman fan, and also because she is a really spectacular writer. This one is my favorite though. I also love the movie even though it's not really like the book.

That was painful. First, I had so many books I wanted to include, and then I got really strict with myself and couldn't pick just four I liked the best. I tried to pick something somewhat representative of all the genres I like. But I can't help myself:

Honorable Mentions:

Jane Eyre - crazy woman living in attic, hello.
Great Expectations - an old lady who stopped time on her wedding day catches fire, hello.
Shopaholic series - Obviously.
Hunger Games - It pained me to leave this off. I really love them, so much.
Unbroken - Seriously one of the best books I've read in awhile.
Water for Elephants - They made a movie so I felt the need to read the book. The book was great, haven't seen the movie yet.
The Help - Same as above, only the book was far better (still love you though, Emma Stone!).

Okay, I'll stop now, because this is a slippery slope.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails