Friday, May 28, 2010

highway to hell

I'm going to take a moment to complain about the decline in decent drivers lately. I feel like every time I get in my car it is stressful and aggravating because so many people just do not know how to drive.

Route 1 is by far the highway with the worst offenders on it. My apartment complex is right on route 1. Every morning I pull out of my complex onto the highway to go to work. Every afternoon I get back on this same highway to go home. It isn't hard. Here's a little primer:

  • You pull onto the highway when there is enough space for you to do so. You pull out, then SPEED UP. Don't mosey onto the highway. If your car accelerates slowly, wait until there is a huge gap in traffic. Or, better yet, get a new car.
  • If you're getting off the highway, do not come to a halt, then take your exit. Get over to the right as far as you can, slow down without stopping, and get off the highway. Don't slow down and take up the whole lane so the people behind you have to stop because you're an imbecile.
  • The left lane is for passing. If you are in this lane, you should be passing the people in the right lane. If you're not, get the hell over.
  • The right lane is for traveling at the speed limit. If the speed limit is 50, 40 is unacceptable. Even if you are in the "slow" lane. However, if you're in the right lane, and the person in front of you is going too slow, get over into the passing lane and PASS THEM. Don't drive up their ass.
  • Lastly, and I have seen this happen TWICE in the past month, NO STOPPING ON THE HIGHWAY TO LET SOMEONE PULL ON. This happened to me a few weeks ago, where someone in front of me came to a halt on route 1 to let someone on the highway. There wasn't even traffic. Then yesterday morning someone stopped on route 1 to let me pull out. Once again, no traffic, except the truck barreling down the highway behind the guy who stopped, almost causing a collision. Nothing about this section of route 1 makes someone think it may be a side road. It is clearly a highway and this is unacceptable.
Don't even get me started on parking lot behavior.


/rant



this is not route 1.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails