Monday, May 10, 2010

vacation, all i ever wanted

Well it was back to reality today (and day one of my diet!). I actually felt refreshed going into work, but by the end of the day I was exhausted from catching up on all the work that piled up while I was gone.

But now, without further ado...our vacation!

wall of posters on a store front in Myrtle Beach

i want to go back! perfect beach, warm, clean water and big waves!

these were so hard to find! when they say "America runs on Dunkin" they must just mean the Northeast.

Nick & I at Broadway at the Beach, love it there. He found a bar with the Bruins on and other Bruins fans. They were having trivia that night too, so we entered.  We didn't win but it was so fun!

the GPS told us to take an exit that didn't exist, so it redeemed itself by sending us down Chicken Road. Jamie, my co-pilot, was in the middle of complaining about where the GPS was taking us when she said the best quote of the trip: "Oh my God this is like the Bermuda Triangle of the South take a left onto Chicken Road."

we went in a helicopter!! it was so, so awesome.

one of the amazing figurines they had at JR's. this one was entitled "Afro" but they also had "Nail Salon" which was just as awesome as it sounds.

just me with the tallest man in the world. no big deal. we went to Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum on the day it rained. 

All in all, it was an awesome trip. Good times with good people. I played my first game of bar trivia (we all agreed we were a great team and need to find somewhere around here to go), went on my first helicopter ride, and got to enjoy my very favorite outlets, hehe. Seriously, the outlets on Highway 17 in Myrtle Beach are awesome. I got a cute pair of sneakers at the Vans outlet for $20 and a yellow v-neck t-shirt for $15 at J. Crew. I had my eye on a white sparkly watch at Fossil, but it was kind of pricey so I'm going to shop around.

Now I'm off to make Egg Muffins!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails