Tuesday, August 31, 2010

the end of the world as i know it

So this is it. The last day. Tomorrow marks September first and thus the beginning of my entire month of no buying clothing. I am kind of freaking out, but I also have a weird sense of relaxation. Of course, the relaxation is probably brought on by me fantasizing about the other things I will buy instead of clothing. Here's what I scored in a mad frenzy to buy whatever I could this past weekend:




Marc Jacobs Latin Phrase Ring -$3
Marc Jacobs Swallow Earrings -$32
ring only found at Marc Jacobs stores, earrings can be found at shopstyle.com

Jamie and I spent the afternoon in Boston on Sunday (more on that in another post). Happily, that meant we got to hit up Marc Jacobs for some affordable accessories and also to drool over shoes and bags. 


I. Love. This. Jacket. I have wanted a cropped leather jacket (faux or otherwise) for the longest time. I do have one, but it's not quite so motorcycle-esque, which is why I really like this one. I plan on putting it over every dress I own once the weather cools down. It is the softest, squishiest fake leather too. (Note: blogger is telling me I spelled "faux" wrong, which I did not, but has nothing to say about "squishiest" which feels made up. Hmph.)

And that's really it! I did buy a work out tank for yoga, and to be honest I will probably buy more in September, but I think work out clothes should be excluded, seeing as I truly have none. I go to yoga twice a week and need a clean outfit each time as I sweat like a you-know-what in church. I don't have the time or inclination to do laundry more than once a week, thus I need more workout gear. The tank I bought (and am about to test-drive for the first time) is Under Armor, bought on sale at Nordstrom. I can't imagine a plain work out tank is interesting enough that anyone will be upset I am not including a photo. Google it if it is bothering you that much. :P

Oh and I did purchase a sweater dress and a pair of tights at French Connection, but they were bought with store credit and so I am not counting them! (I am feeling very sassy with this post, can you tell?) You will get to see them come fall when they are inevitably included in an outfit post. 

What do I plan on spending my hard-earned money on in September that isn't clothing, you ask?



Wa-BAM! Super Mario Galaxy 2 my friends. I will be hibernating for all of September with this, waiting for October, when the mall is once again a safe haven. Just me, Yoshi, and those adorable little stars. Special times are just ahead.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails