Wednesday, September 14, 2011

playing with proportion

IMG_0314

IMG_0315

This might be one of my all-time favorite looks I have ever come up with. It was definitely a risk for me, actually. The tops is kind of floaty and boxy and the skirt is more figure conscious. Normally, I would tuck the top into the skirt, but that just wasn't looking right to me, and it felt too dressed up for work. So I un-tucked the shirt. I didn't think this look would be flattering on me, but I liked the way it looked in the mirror, so I went about my day. I got home, took some pictures, and even liked the way it looked in pictures. Which I'm sure as we all know isn't always the case - you know you've put on an outfit, looked in the mirror and felt pretty fly, then took a picture and cringed.

But sometimes the risk pays off. Even if it's not a huge risk. Even if the risk is as small as untucking your shirt. Risks are important. Take one a day and call me next week if your life doesn't improve.

IMG_0317

IMG_0316

In other news, I am completely addicted to the game Spy Mouse on my iPhone. I can't stop. This little mouse with the bow tie (bow ties are COOL) (Meg) has stolen my heart. And all my free time. Plus? The nemesis in this game is obviously cats, and I don't like cats! So Spy Mouse and I are united on that front. I think I need to go feed my addiction...

Top: Forever 21
Skirt: H&M
Shoes: Forever 21
Necklace: Forever 21
Lipstick: Sephora - "It Girl"

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails