Sunday, March 18, 2012

you say it's your birthday...

So last Tuesday was my birthday! Twenty six. It feels so weird to type that. I am twenty six. 26. Past 25. Which feels old. And yet I feel like I should be OLDER than I am, somehow. Like at 26 my life should be more advanced. I know that's not true, but when you're a little kid you think "Twenty six! I'll have a husband and a house and KIDS by then!" And some people totally do. I do not. And I'm pretty happy that I don't just yet, haha.

ANYWAY, this is what I wore for my birthday, both day and night!

_MG_0790

IMG_0781

IMG_0784

This was what I wore to work yesterday. I wanted to be bright and cheerful, since it was my birthday and all. Bright blue pants? Check. Neon necklace? Check. Sparkle flats? Obviously.

IMG_2179

A few quick changes later and I was ready for dinner in Harvard Square with Boyfriend! Swapped out the white for purple added some big earrings and heels and I was done. Boyfriend called me an Easter egg and then I gave him a lesson in brights vs. pastels. Boys.

IMG_2181

IMG_2182

We had a yummy dinner at Russell House Tavern. I had steak and french fries, which come with garlic mayonnaise for dipping. Sounds gross, but SO GOOD. And SO BAD FOR YOU. Such is life. But hey! It was my birthday.

I had to sneak a picture of Boyfriend while he was paying the bill because he hates having his picture taken. He just looked so damn handsome last night! The boy cleans up.

IMG_2183

After dinner we walked around the corner to Pinkberry. I had salted caramel with strawberries and toasted almonds and a waffle cookie. Hello. Sooo good! Then we headed home to watch Sunday's Walking Dead episode. (Walking Dead viewers, without giving spoilers, did you say "FINALLY!" or "Oh noes!" to the end of the episode? Because I am in the "FINALLY!" camp.)

It was a pretty fabulous birthday. The weather was phenomenal yesterday so that was a definite plus. Sadly now my birthday is over and I am running out of excuses for eating so much cake and not working out, so back to real life it is!

Jeans: American Eagle (similar)
Day shirt: Old Navy (similar)
Necklace: Spike the Punch
Flats: Steve Madden
Shades: Ray Ban
Night shirt: J.Crew
Heels: Calvin Klein
Clutch: unknown (Target?)
Earrings: vintage, were great grandmother's I think

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails