Tuesday, April 27, 2010

packing for myrtle beach!

I love packing for vacations. Some people hate it, but I love whittling down a list of my favorite things, making sure things match and are interchangeable. Usually I type out a nice neat list complete with fancy fonts and check boxes, but this trip I decided on a different approach: visuals!

This is part of what I am bringing on my trip to Myrtle Beach. This is mainly the accessories etc. Three pairs of shoes: one neutral wedge sandal, one flat black sandal, yellow flip flops, and my neon sandals from Target might get thrown in too. A comfy hoodie and a pair of yoga capris, a sundress (that's the bright blue thing off to the side with the sunglasses on top), two pairs of sunglasses - my Ray Bans and just a big black pair, a neutral colored skinny belt, two bathing suits, a neutral colored cross-body bag and a black clutch. Also my sleepy sheepy sleeping mask for the car, my travel slippers, headphones, and a little iPod speaker for the beach. Phew.

This is what I am bringing for clothes for the week. Not that much, truly! About seven tank tops, two pairs of shorts, one pair of skinny jeans, three t-shirts (one homemade with my favorite insult: YOUR FACE, across the front. Don't ask). One long sleeve, a cardigan for layering, and a jean jacket. I doubt much else will get thrown in at the last minute.

Obviously I am bringing tons of other things - beauty products (95% of them travel sized! Thank god Living Proof now makes my No Frizz & the shampoo and conditioner in small sizes!), hair supplies (my amazing hair dryer is coming. I attempted to use the hotel dryer last year and definitely regretted it) and all kinds of other odds and ends. But I promise I didn't go over board. I'll post a packed suitcase pic once I'm done.

Sidenote: Check out this awesome t-shirt I just got!!

The Catcher in the Rye is one of my favorite books, so when I saw this on ModCloth I snatched it right up. I got a size XL because people were saying it ran small, and boy were they right. You can't really tell from the picture, but it's small. I was hoping it would be kind of over sized, but no matter. It's still awesome!


The tag that was on it is super cool, it's a library card! How cute is that? I love it.
:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails