Thursday, July 8, 2010

overwhelmed

So I recently got a "mini-promotion" at work. I was super excited about it, because I knew I didn't want to stay in the position I previously had forever, but I had no idea what I wanted to do or where I wanted to go. While this position isn't much different from what I currently do, it is more important. It will also gain me more exposure within my company, which is always a good thing.

However, it all came along very suddenly and I am starting to panic. We have this major project going on right now, and it is especially effecting my new position. If that wasn't happening, this would be a cake walk. I have no idea what is going on and I'm having such a hard time keeping it all straight in my head. I officially take over me new position on Monday, and the person who is supposed to be my go-to-gal is out on vacation next week.

I'm just so afraid I'll mess something up right off the bat. With my old position I really couldn't do too much harm, so I was never worried about messing up. Now what I do definitely matters and it's scary. I know I just need to relax, and that once I get started everything will fall into place, but it is overwhelming to start something new. I keep seeing little "universe advisories" as I call them. Like a magazine sitting out that said "Relax and Stay Cool!" on the cover. Or the beer bottle cap that said "to be real is to feel" or, most obviously, the big poster hanging in my kitchen that says...




LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails