Thursday, July 29, 2010

things my boyfriend does

It's about that time again. Time for a classic edition of Things My Boyfriend Does. It's been awhile. Boyfriend seems to be wising up and hasn't been much of a hoot lately. But don't worry, I've got my eye on him for any little ridiculous thing he does. Today's installment is...

My Boyfriend Can't Shut Cabinets
(or Drawers)

Did anyone see that Steve Carrell and Tina Fey movie, Date Night? I did. It was cute. If you did see it, you probably won't remember this little running gag they did, because it was just a small thing. If you didn't see it, SMALL SPOILER ALERT. 

At the beginning of the movie, there's a scene when Tina Fey's character is walking into the bathroom and suddenly gets a bathroom drawer to the gut. Because her husband had been in there and opened every single drawer and then left. Later in the movie, the two are digging through some filing cabinets and Steve Carrell's character leaves every file cabinet drawer open and Tina Fey runs into them again. You'd think she'd learn, but then you'd think so would he. 

The only reason this scene really stuck out to me is because I've been there. Closing a cabinet or drawer is seriously the easiest thing you will do during your day. Closing them probably requires less effort than opening them, even. Some people even have very fancy drawers that close on their own if you give them a light tap (Ikea drawers do this! Cabinets too! I love Ikea.) It's just not hard to open a cabinet, take out or put away something, and then close it. Right?

Wrong. The above is a photo of the kitchen after Boyfriend put the dishes away. I was so happy he was helping out, then I wandered into the kitchen to check his progress. Boyfriend was no where to be found, and the kitchen looked like this. Note the two drawers in the corner. He actually opened one with the other clearly in the way and STILL didn't close them. Also note that the dishwasher is still open.

Another thing he does, is when he does put dishes away, they're never in the right spot. We've lived here for ten months. He's been taking things out of the cabinets and putting them back somewhere completely different for ten months. I still have no idea where my 3/4 cup measuring cup is. I'll probably find it when we move out. In his sock drawer or something. Which will be left open.


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails