Wednesday, March 2, 2011

30 for 30: day 21

There is an epidemic sweeping this state. Maybe even the country. It's becoming a serious problem in my every day life and I don't like the person it is turning me into. I call it Condiment Table Hogging. Because I am not feeling clever and couldn't come up with anything alliterative and witty to call this. Suggestions welcome.

navy blue thermal, mini dress, brown tights, brown boots, Jeffrey Campbell, Forever 21

navy blue thermal, mini dress, brown tights, brown boots, Jeffrey Campbell, Forever 21
 [30 items: dress, navy thermal, brown JC boots/belt - J.Crew outlet/necklace - American Eagle/tights - Old Navy]

I stop at Dunkin Donuts some mornings on my way to work. The one I drive by that has a drive thru is always mobbed, so I skip it. The next one I pass is in a gas station and this weirds me out, so I skip it. Finally I reach my favorite Dunks, but it doesn't have a drive thru. So I have to get out of my car and go inside, which is problematic enough for lazy me. Then I order my coffee which is usually quick and pain free (unless someone comes in who is ordering one million donuts and fifty Boxes of Joe). They make my coffee, and I head to the condiment/straw/napkin table to get a straw. While I am there I like to remove my straw wrapper and throw it away. I like to put my coffee down on the table while I do this so the whole process can be done with two hands and thus go much quicker.

Here is where I usually hit a road black. Or a person block. If you are standing in front of this table, clearly confused and/or overwhelmed by the choices of straws and napkins and sugar packets in front of you, and you see me coming, clearly focused and in a hurry, get out of my damn way. Take your straw or napkin or 85 Equals and get the hell out of there. Don't kind of lean to the side and make me reach over you. Don't hog the counter so I can't put my coffee down, just move.

navy blue thermal, mini dress, brown tights, brown boots, Jeffrey Campbell, Forever 21

navy blue thermal, mini dress, brown tights, brown boots, Jeffrey Campbell, Forever 21

This happens at work too. At work the milk and cream is on one side, and the sugar on the other. In a perfect world, people would move from one side to the other quickly. You know how you like your coffee, presumably, so get yo shit and get out of my way. People love to congregate there and chat, or stare at the tea packets. Seriously? They're free, grab one of each and get on with your day. Don't you have work to do?

Don't even get me started about the condiment areas at sports events, or burger joints or heaven forbbid - McDonald's. I beg you, America, take your napkins and sugar and ketchup and get the hell out of there. Because I am impatient due to the fact I haven't had my coffee and I can't drink my coffee without my straw. Which you are standing in front of.

navy blue thermal, mini dress, brown tights, brown boots, Jeffrey Campbell, Forever 21

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails