Tuesday, March 29, 2011

come on spring!

teal, bows, dress, boots

I'm getting pretty good at pushing Picnik to it's limits. I really wish they'd come up with a product I can buy and keep forever, rather than having to continually pay for the upgraded account. I paid for it a couple months, and it had some cool features, but I've gone back to the free stuff. It's not as involved as Photoshop, but it gets the basic job done.

teal, bows, dress, boots

teal, bows, dress, boots
[Cardigan - BP from Nordstrom/Dress - Forever 21/Tights - Forever 21/Boots - Oh Deer!/Belt - J.Crew Outlet]

This outfit is from last week. The weather has been hovering in the high 30s, low 40s here in New England and I would give just about anything for things to warm up! I was saving this dress for a nice warm, sunny spring day but finally caved and wore it even though it was cloudy. I just love everything about it.

It came with an attached fabric belt, but I like switching out belts, so the attached one had to go. A couple quick snips and voila! Belt was gone. Luckily it was only attached with two small stitches. Now I can mix and match belts to my heart's content, and the one that I snipped off is still totally usable.

teal, bows, dress, boots

teal, bows, dress, boots

I've been itching to do some sewing/crafting lately. Jessica from What I Wore has been seriously inspiring me with all the super clever things she's been posting lately. I have a dress I started making out of one of Boyfriend's old shirts, but it got abandoned somewhere along the way. I think I'm going to dig it out this weekend and finish it.

Picnik collage3

Boyfriend and I have been trying to think of things to do when we hang out. Instead of sitting around, drinking wine, eating, and watching Jeopardy. Not that there's anything wrong with that...but we're 25 and we have plenty of years of Jeopardy ahead of us.

Anyone have any good (cheap) date ideas? If you're from the Boston area, any cool places we can check out? We're open to adventures!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails