Wednesday, April 27, 2011

what i'm reading: april 27, 2011


Alice Hoffman

My mother is a big Alice Hoffman fan, but I have to admit I haven't read very many of her books. Of course, I love Practical Magic, who doesn't?

This book was really good. I could barely put it down. It tells the story of a small Massachusetts (shout out to my home state yo!) through it's founding and the generations of inhabitants that follow. Just a collection of wonderfully told stories and local fables centered around this town. It definitely made me want to sit down and write out some short stories. I think the short story may turn out to be my genre of choice, if I can ever sit down and write something!

I have so many posts lined up, as I keep saying, but I honestly have been so pressed for time! I've been working overtime for work this week so that cuts into my afternoons a bit. Back to normal real soon though!

What are you reading?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails