Wednesday, May 25, 2011

inspired by: may 25, 2011

Today's Inspired By post is brought to you by Atlantic Pacific. As soon as I saw her in her red jeans and black patterned top, I knew I had to replicate the look. I'm a sucker for black and red together.

Here's her take:


Very glamorous, no? I'm always envious of the way she piles on the jewels and layers her clothes. I just don't have that kind of talent. It feels weird on me. I actually have a fur stole thingy, I should have layered it on - it was cold enough!

Here's my take:

IMG_0141
[Blouse - H&M/Jeans - Forever 21/Shoes - Calvin Klein/Clutch - American Apparel/Jewelry - Fossil, gifts/Necklace - American Eagle]

I'm so upset the weather forced me indoors for these photos. I really loved how the outfit ended up looking. I felt very chic all day. I also snagged me one of those American Apparel clutches everyone seems to have now. I plan on copying Blair again and painting mine as well. I'm thinking a neon yellow color block on the bottom. My mom suggested studs, but I'm not super great with studding things.

Just add that to the list of DIYs I have piling up around here. Ugh. I need to set myself aside a day and just buckle down to get them done! I'll feel so much better and have lots of new things, haha.

IMG_0146

IMG_0146

I feel like everything I own lately is from H&M or Forever 21. Cheep chic all the way, baby. It only helps that these two stores are directly across from each other in the mall near my house. In and out. I keep promising myself I'm going to start buying better quality pieces - and I have been! - but my budget doesn't allow for me to spend a ton on everything I own. Of course, if I didn't buy five million cheap things I'd have a lot more money...oh the vicious cycle!
I am currently re-bamping my shoe wardobe. If it doesn't fit right or isn't comfortable enough it's going to Buffalo Exchange. These heels fall into that category. Too big! I think my feek shrunk - so many of my shoes are flopping off my feet now!

IMG_0138

IMG_0137

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails