Wednesday, May 4, 2011

playin' hookie

Boyfriend and I went to the Red Sox game last night. Thankfully, the weather was pretty close to perfect. Just warm enough and it didn't rain! And the Sox won. And we let just early enough that we didn't get stuck in the crowds on the train. And we didn't get home super late. It was basically perfect.

trench

IMG_0053
[Sweater - ON/Tank - American Eagle/Jeans - ON/Shoes - Forever 21/Trench - H&M]

As we were walking into Fenway, cruising along Landsdowne, Boyfriend was imitating the people scalping tickets and selling programs, saying how awesome he'd be at a job like that. Dream big, Boyfriend. And also I do not think he'd have the patience to sell things on the side of the road. Anyway, he was quiet for a bit and then he said, "I want to be able to do that someday." I turned to see what he was looking at, figuring it was a bum with a change can or something, from the way he'd been talking, but I didn't see anything unusual. I asked him what he was talking about.

"That," he said, gesturing to a man and his son, "I want to go to a baseball game with my kid on my shoulders." Swoon. What a good daddy he'll be someday. Someday far, far away.

IMG_0052

IMG_0049

IMG_0050

Boyfriend's views on parenting are proving to be a bit more upstanding than mine: in the past two days I've asked my mom if it was okay to make my children into child models so they can "pay their own way" and also expressed to Boyfriend my wish that our kids will be successful and famous, so they can take care of us. I'm not sure children are supposed to be used to make money.

Picnik collage

When I woke up this morning, I didn't feel like going to work. Well, I usually don't feel like going to work but something inside my head was just saying "NOOOO! DON'T DO IT!" So I didn't. I took a "sick day". When I told Boyfriend I was staying home (he always has Wednesdays off) he said "Can we drink hot chocolate and watch movies?!" I said sure. Then he was awake. At 6am. Our sick day was making him to excited to go back to sleep. Of course, he's a sleeping champ so he got over it real quick and we slept in. We had a delightful skip day. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails