Friday, May 27, 2011

my ideal life

Do you ever sit down and think about what your ideal life would be? I'm not even saying if you won the lottery or were rich and famous or something. I mean your ideal life in an attainable sense - your ideal life that doesn't depend on chance or luck but on your own decisions. I think about it a lot, maybe because I feel like it would be so simple to achieve it, and it's so close at hand, but is still just out of reach.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to work from home or at least have some kind of job where my schedule was super flexible. SUPER ideally I'd just stay at home and be a stay at home mom and housewife, but I think I'd get bored and Boyfriend wouldn't support me, ha. I want to be able to run my errands in the middle of the day, or sit outside and be able to do my work there. Or just stay under the covers all day when it's snowy and gross.  I just want someone to give me a laptop with whatever I need for my job on it and just send me on my way. Then i can work wherever and whenever I want.

It would be great if I could work for myself - writing maybe, maybe just temping or working a part time job here and there. I'm just not sure how to begin writing as a viable source of income. I'm not even sure I'm a good enough writer to even consider that. Of course the only way to know is to try, and I've never really tried.

I think this will be even more important to me when I have kids. I can't envision myself wanting to go back to work full time once I have a baby. I'd be too tired. And I wouldn't want to leave her (only girl babies!).  But who knows?

I just feel like I have all kind of options for how to live my life, and I don't know how to choose or which way to go. I think a lot of this stems from reading other girl's blogs and seeing what they're doing with their lives. I get totally jealous of these girls who have all kinds of time to do things during the day, or the girls who have these creative jobs that they love.

It's probably unrealistic to even dream about giving up my 9 to 5, as I don't think I'd be able to financially support myself without working full time like this, but who knows. Maybe I just haven't found my niche yet. Maybe there is something else out there for me, and my life just hasn't reached the turning point where it will all make sense yet.

I in no way mean to imply I am unhappy with my life right now. It's just really nice out today and I'd like to be outside, yet I am chained to this desktop. Curses.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails