Monday, May 2, 2011

i feel the earth move

Still digging through the backlog of pictures I have. These are from early last week, so we're only about a week behind! Only. Ha. It's been rainy for a few days here, then sunny and semi-warm for a few days. I'm hoping now that it is May we can get more consistently warm days!

stripes, pearls, black, red, shorts, black moto boots

 stripes, pearls, black, red, shorts, black moto boots
[Sweater - Forever 21/Stripe Shirt - H&M/ Lace Tee - Madewell/Shorts - H&M/Boots - Marshall's/Necklace - Mom Didn't Want It Anymore]

Let's talk about the two big news events of this weekend. First up - The Royal Wedding.  To be honest, I did not get the hoopla surrounding this whole thing. It was bizarre to me. I mean yeah, princes, princesses a fairy tale, ooh la la. But it was just a wedding. But I turned on the streaming when I got to work on Friday anyway. I wanted to see her dress.

Then I got sucked in.

I loved the dress. I know she had to have sleeves, but it's still so refreshing to see sleeves on a wedding dress, and sleeves that are done well at that. Then I found out she chose Sarah Burton at Alexander McQueen to make the dress and that sealed the deal. I think it resonated with me because Kate and Wills are basically my age, not far off. It kind of made me feel like I too could have been a princess! If only I'd made some different life choices. Hmph. But hey, all girls are princesses, right? I did check with Boyfriend just to make sure he wasn't royalty, but he said he wasn't.

stripes, pearls, black, red, shorts, black moto boots

stripes, pearls, black, red, shorts, black moto boots

stripes, pearls, black, red, shorts, black moto boots

And, of course, Bin Laden is dead. Someone had posted on Facebook that they were concerned about what the President could be making a speech about at 10:30 at night on a Sunday, but I was in bed and figured I'd hear about it in the morning. I couldn't sleep and heard my mom watching the news, so I went out to see what was going on. The whole situation just seems strange to me. They'd been watching him since last summer, then they finally went in, killed him and dumped him in the ocean all relatively quickly. We were talking about it at work, and we agreed that this seems like the type of situation that would cause terrorist groups to lash out in order to show they don't need Bin Laden. Hopefully that's not the case.

I can't believe it's been almost ten years. It doesn't seem like that long ago. Boyfriend and I actually first started dating on September 12, 2001. So it's been ten years for us too. No, I don't know where my ring is. ;)

stripes, pearls, black, red, shorts, black moto boots

That's not my hat. My brother made me put it on for a picture. He bought it at an anime convention last weekend. I have no idea why that hat was at an anime convention. He also bought some steampunk goggles that I'm frightened he will wear in public. He got some weird sunglasses too. They look silly on him, but they look great on Mia:





LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails