Monday, January 9, 2012

Dieting


One of my resolutions for this year is to lose the last 15lbs (and keep it off). I plan on doing this mainly by focusing on being healthier and making some life changes that I can stick with, rather than saying "I'm on a diet."

Saying "I'm on a diet" makes it sound like it's not permanent - like saying you're on vacation. That implies that when the vacation is over, you come home and life goes back to the same old routine. To me, saying I'm on a diet implies that once I've lost the weight, I'll just go back to my same old routine. My same old routine of being lazy, eating things I shouldn't, and gaining the weight back. That's not what I want. I want to be the best version of me I can be, and I want to stay that way forever and ever.

So my goal is to be healthier and teach myself better eating habits. That being said, I am being slightly hypocritical and using what I guess some would call a diet program to get there.I've sighed up with Weight Watchers to help keep me accountable for what I'm eating and how often I'm exercising. I've been using it off and on for awhile, but I always get lazy and don't stick with it (which is RIDICULOUS, since I'm paying for it). I do really like the program, so my goal right now it to stick with it, no excuses.

As an incentive to stick with the program and make being healthy into a habit, I'm going to post weekly updates here. Every Sunday I'll post a little bit about how my week went and any tips or lessons I've learned along the way.

Do you have any weight loss or health goals for the new year? I'd love to hear them! Any success stories or feeling about Weight Watchers (good and bad), I'd love to hear those as well!


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails