Thursday, January 19, 2012

hey there, sailor

IMG_0581

IMG_0583

IMG_0585

IMG_0588

IMG_0589

IMG_0584

Behold! My beloved, beloved J.Crew peacoat that I got for Christmas. It is seriously the most perfect peacoat ever, you guys. I want to wear it to bed. But I don't because it might get lint-y and wrinkled. Anyway, I felt a bit like a sailor with the coat and hat on today. Like some old-timey fishing captain. All I need is a stubbly beard.

I've been trying to play around with color a little bit lately, just to jazz up my winter wardrobe. I tend towards browns and blacks and grays when they colors outside are all brown and black and gray. My matching tights/skirt combo was one of my attempts at adding more color. I think it was a success. My co-workers kept saying they liked it. I hope they meant it and weren't thinking to themselves "This is one colorful skirt and tight combo. I need to comment on this. I'd better say I like it, to be nice." In any case, I liked it and felt like the matchy-matchy streamlined my bottom half. Thoughts?

Coat: J.Crew
Sweater: J.Crew
Skirt: H&M (similar)
Tights: We Love Colors (similar)
Shoes: Aldo (similar)
Belt: Old Navy
Hat: H&M


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails