Tuesday, January 11, 2011

good for nothing, rotten piece of...


Man, I was just so ready to be super pissed off at Boyfriend and really just plot his demise and spend the rest of the night thinking of all the ways he done me wrong. But he's managed to redeem himself. Way to spoil a good night of sulking, Boyfriend.


You see, we're supposed to get 10 to 15 inches of snow tomorrow. So obviously I am not going into work. I don't know if they'll decide to close the office but either way - if they close or if I decide to stay home - I don't get paid. So day off it is! Boyfriend doesn't work the overnight on Tuesdays, so I thought this was a perfect opportunity for him to come stay with me and we could be snowed in and I could make him watch Dexter. You know what he thought would be great? Snowboarding. DISGUST. I hate snow. And snow activities. So I don't understand his obsession. I definitely don't understand how he could choose being cold outside with a bunch of dude over being snuggled up with moi. Men. No common sense. PLUS he's going on a week long snowboarding trip next week. So really, I was better deserving of his time. Right?! Support me here, ladies!

[cardigan - Old Navy/shirt - American Eagle/jeans - Old Navy/wedges - JC/necklaces - American Eagle & Aldo]


However, he has pledged every moment of his spare time to me starting tomorrow until he leaves for his trip. And if he falls asleep while we're hanging out tomorrow I have permission to kick him in the you-know-whatsies. And he says we can go sledding, and he'll buy me hot cocoa and pull my sled up the hill. And take winter outfit pictures. So I guess I have to forgive him. Just this once.

Have I talked about these jeans on here before? I don't think I have. Fine, technically they're "jeggings" but I think everyone agrees that word is awful. They are, however, the best "jeggings" EVER. They have real front pockets, which is such a pet peeve of mine. I hate fake pockets. They are super tight and the material has just enough oomph to keep you feeling contained, but it isn't so stiff you feel like a stuffed sausage. Plus, they are stretchy enough that you feel like you're wearing pajamas, but they never stretch out to the point of being saggy. In a word: Perfection. They are also short enough that I don't have to hem or cuff them. I ran right to Old Navy with my gift card after Christmas and got a pair of gray ones, too. GET THEM.


I'm headed to the gym and then home to hunker down with all my snow day supplies! Is it snowing where you are?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails