Sunday, January 30, 2011

january purchases

It's the end of the month so I thought it would be a good time to round up my January purchases. I have a $200 a month budget to spend on clothes. Originally, my plan was to pick one or two stores and  only spend my budget there, but the shopaholic inside me really can't be contained. This month's purchases came from a few different places. Here they are:

Madewell Artisan Tee $14.62 (sale) - mine is an eggplant color no longer available online


Madewell Top $26.24 (sale) - no longer available online

Madewell Year-Round Tank $7.49 (sale) - mine is more of a neon yellow, no longer available online


J.Crew Shorts $42.50 - I bought these a size too small as an incentive. I know this is a no-no, but for    $42 I WILL fit into them.


BP Basics Cami from Nordstrom $12 - these are the best cami's. They don't have that irritating shelf bra. Needed it for the Madewell sweatshirt top since it is actually kind of sheer in the back.


H&M Oversized Chambray Shirt $24.50

H&M Blouse $24.50


H&M Jacket $7 (sale)

H&M Necklace $12.95

Target Fleece Lined Tights $10 - unable to find online and who wants to see a picture of plain black tights?

If you've been keeping track and I did all my math correctly, you'll see that I came in a tiny bit under budget - the total is $181.80! Not too shabby. I have to say, I felt much less stressed about money this month than I normally do. I got a little crazed for a while about every little thing I bought - should I add my new shampoo to my budget? Gas money? A pack of gum?! - but then I decided this was really about keeping my excessive clothes shopping in check. As long as I don't go above my $200 budget for clothes and accessories, I'm not going to beat myself up about other things I spend money on. I even managed to put extra money in my savings account this month!

Next month is going to be a little tricky. I have everything I want to buy all picked out - it's all from Urban Outfitters! Except I am doing the 30 for 30 and I am not allowed to shop. So I think I am going to have to squeeze in that purchase before I start. I really, really want everything I have waiting in my shopping cart, hehe.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails