Friday, January 21, 2011

what i'm reading: january 2011



I picked this book up at the beginning of the week, and I haven't been able to put it down since. This was the case with Morton's first two novels as well. 

Morton writes fantastic Gothic-style novels - there is always the requisite big, creepy old house and secrets and mysteries on every page. I love, love Gothic novels and Morton's books are no exception. I am on a self-imposed snow day today (work isn't closed, but all the schools in all the towns on my way to work are, and it doesn't look like anyone has plowed, so I opted to stay home) and I look forward to spending the rest of the day curled up in bed with some coffee and this book.

There is nothing like a good page turner that you can get totally lost in, and this is definitely one of those kind of books. It's also nice and big, which is good for me since I'm such a fast reader. I burn through shorter books too quickly, so having a nice long one to take up my time is nice.

What's your favorite literature genre?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails