Wednesday, January 5, 2011

oh let the sun beat down upon my face

I've decided to do TWO posts today, you lucky kids, since I have a small backlog of pictures and I really want to get a bit more caught up for this week. Truthfully, I have outfits planned for the next two weeks-ish, so I don't want to fall too far behind! Plus I have some time right now while I'm watching some Dexter to do a little more bloggin'.


I wasn't planning on using these pictures, since I was kind of wishy washy about the outfit. Then I decided I would, clearly. It's not that bad, it just didn't come out as I had envisioned. I didn't have the scarf on all day, and I'm glad. I don't think I care for it with the rest of the outfit.


I just got back from yoga a little while ago. I think I mentioned before that my mom and I joined a new, fancy schmancy gym. We like the gym, but we tried a yoga class the first week we joined and we didn't like it. It was really fast paced, and yoga should be slower. We decided to try another class with a different instructor, since we both really like yoga. Happily, the class tonight was really great. Thank goodness, because I really missed yoga.

[sweater - JCrew/shorts - H&M/sparkle socks! - Forever 21/booties - Forever 21/scarf - Old Navy]

I can't believe I forgot to mention this in my 2010 review post, but 2010 was when I started doing yoga! Probably because I've been on a hiatus the last couple months. I started going to classes at a yoga studio in May or June. It was kind of expensive, and we wanted to do other kinds of exercise too, but couldn't afford both yoga and a gym membership. That's when we decided to join a gym instead. I was so upset when we weren't doing yoga regularly anymore. I started to feel...squished. Yoga helps me stretch out and feel relaxed and helps my posture.


I got this sweater for Christmas. It's cashmere! I love cashmere. Who doesn't, really? I'm kind of bummed though, because it's too big! I don't think it looks terrible, though. I was just expecting it to be more fitted. It's super duper cozy though so that totally makes up for it. And the sparkle socks! Tieka tweeted about them and I practically ran right out and bought them. I kind of just threw them on with this outfit on a whim, but I can't wait to start working them into more outfits. Sparkle socks people!


Now I should be all back on track for the rest of the week! And I'll stop inundating you all with rambly nonsense, haha. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails