Thursday, January 27, 2011

i'm taking a vacation

It snowed again. I got up, showered, got ready to go to work. Spent almost a half hour cleaning off my car (I'm short and my car is tall okay!) and climbed inside. My Mom told me to "just plow through" the snow in the driveway so no one else would have to wake up and help me shovel out. So that's what I tried to do. And I got stuck. So I gave up and called my boss and told her I'd be staying home. My brother came out to dig me out and promptly locked my keys in my car. Today was clearly not meant to be.


[This is my "I'm a little teapot" pose. Completely unintentional.]

I decided to waste use a vacation day today. Since I never go anywhere anyway. Mom's going to Aruba in March. Boyfriend is going on a family trip to Florida on my birthday. So today is my vacation.


[hat - unknown/jacket - Tommy Hilfiger/mittens - unknown/jeans - Gap/leopard boot liners - TJMaxx/rainboots - Hunter]

Pass the self tanner, turn up the heat, and find me my bikini. I am having a staycation at home today. I just can't handle this weather anymore! I am pretending it is warm and sunny instead. As long as I don't look outside I think I can pull it off. I am currently making a summer sounding playlist and wearing my straw beach fedora.

I am also going to do some alterations to the dress I am wearing to my winter work party tomorrow night. It's the only piece I have ever thrifted and I have been waiting to style it up. Expect pictures tomorrow (okay, more likely Saturday).

My outfit is comprised of a couple random cold weather items. Everyone has a bin in their house of mittens and hats from who knows where, right? That's where I got this hat and mittens. I wear the hat all the time, actually. Even though it kind of makes me look like a garbage man and my mom says it reminds her of a clown. Whatever, Mom.


Mia can't take this weather anymore either. She's gone into hiding under her dog bed.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails