Wednesday, January 19, 2011

shock me like an electric eel

I can't believe it, but I managed to pull myself out of my weather-induced coma and I snapped a few pictures today. They were taken on the safety of my front porch since it's been slushy raining all day.


Not much going on this week, other than crap weather. It was snowy and then rainy yesterday, slushy rain today, and then on Friday we're getting snow again - anywhere from 2 inches to a foot. They don't know yet. Typical. I feel like I'm in a wardrobe rut with all this yucky weather. I just pull on boots, jeans and a sweater of some sort and call it a day. I'm on the express train to Closet Snoozeville over here.

[top - Madewell/jeans - Forever 21/boots - Old Navy/necklace - American Eagle/rings - H&M]

Maybe this is what made me sign up for Kendi's winter 30 for 30. I swear, my mouse hand was working independently of my brain when I did that yesterday. But now I'm committed. I filled out the form. I pledged 30 days of my life to wearing the same 30 things over and over. I am in a panic. I'm sure once I sit down and have a good heart to heart with my closet we'll both come up with 30 things I will be able to remix 'til the cows come home, but right now I'm shaking in my boots.


I'm going to have to work the 30 for 30 around my February shopping schedule. You might remember from this post that I've given myself a monthly shopping budget. While I don't have to always spend my allotted budget, I do already have my purchases for February picked out (what can I say, I'm a planner). I'll just have to buy them, then start the challenge. That's allowed, right? I still have some of my budget left over from January, so maybe I can just buy some of them now. There's a high-waisted pair of flared jeans that I just might need for the challenge anyway!


I really love this shirt. I got it from Madewell on sale this past weekend. It's see-through on the arms and in the back, so I have to put a little cami under it. But it has subtle sparkly threads running through it, which I am obviously obsessed with. When my mom saw it on me today she said:
"Give me that shirt. I have nothing to wear."
"No way, you'll get it all stretched out and wonky. You should have bought your own."
"Yeah but I didn't think it was that cute when you bought it and now I do."
Mom always acts like she doesn't have my taste in clothing, then she turns around and wants everything I have. Nice try, Mom. Not everyone can have my uber-cool sense of style.


I'm off to do some reading before yoga. I am reading a book I can't put down. I'll be sharing it with you all tomorrow in a what i'm reading post!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails