Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Recipe: Cheesy Chicken & Stuffing Bake

IMG_0842

I've finally gotten back into the groove of cooking dinner on a regular basis and I am trying to build my repertoire of easy to throw together meals that are both fast and somewhat healthy.

While this meal isn't exactly what one thinks of when you say healthy, it's definitely not that bad, and it's what I made for dinner tonight. I know it doesn't LOOK particularly appetizing, but trust me on this.

Cheesy Chicken & Stuffing Bake (Basic Version)

1 lb of chicken breast, cut into small pieces
1 box of stuffing (I used Stove Top Low Sodium)
1 1/2 cups of cheddar jack cheese
1 can of cream of chicken soup

Preheat oven to 350*.

Cook stuffing according to directions, leaving a bit dry.

Put chicken, soup, and cheese in a 9 x 13" baking dish and mix together. 

Put cooked stuffing on top.

Cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour.

Serves 6

That's it. It's the easiest recipe ever. Want to jazz it up? Toss in some veggies. I had some leftover chopped onions on hand, so I tossed those in this time around. It would also be great with broccoli, corn, cauliflower, carrots, peas...anything you want, really! Or you can always serve the vegetables on the side, which is what I did tonight.

And if I did the calculations right, it should only be about 6 WW points. Not too shabby!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails