Tuesday, April 24, 2012

tough girl

IMG_0746

IMG_0748

IMG_0748

I copied this outfit from a picture of Nicole Richie I've had saved on my computer for years. I just never had the perfect flowy, girly mini-skirt to complete the look. Behold, one afternoon at Buffalo Exchange and my outfit was complete!

I love mixing girly things with tough, black things. I'm a big fan of juxtaposition and whimsy. When I was younger, I always wanted my outfits to match perfectly, down to every last detail and accessory. I wasn't any good at it, though. Some of my friends were experts at putting together perfectly coordinated looks, while I always felt a little...off. I've sense learned to embrace my mix-and-match sensibilities, and I'm much happier for it.

Give me pattern mixing, color blocking, and an arm full of bracelets and I'm a happy girl.

Jacket: Forever 21 (similar)
Skirt: Buffalo Exchange
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails