Wednesday, December 1, 2010

sharing the magic: part 2


Phew, November is over and I am finally done writing for NaNoWriMo. I finished! I'm so proud of myself, but now I don't want to look at that novel again for a long, long time. I'll look back at it at some point, but right now - I'm exhausted. So I'm back with more pictures from Disney! On our last day there we finished up Epcot in the morning - we rode Test Track and Soarin', then hopped on the Monorail to Magic Kingdom. Of course, the first Monorail we got on was horribly delayed, wasting a big portion of our morning.


It was warm but overcast that day, but that didn't take away from our first glimpse of Conderella's castle!!  I was like a little kid when I saw it. I think I might have squealed and hopped around. It was awesome.


We had a lot of fun trying on all the different Mickey Mouse ears they had in the gift shops. They seriously had ear hats and headbands for every single occasion.


We wandered through the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse first. This was another one of my favorites when I was a kid, because I was so, so obsessed with that movie. I need to find it on DVD so I can watch it again. I used to have a worn out VHS copy that my mom threw away during her Great VHS Purge. Next up after that was Splash Mountain, which I also loved as a kid. I loved water rides. The wetter I ended up, the better. However, this day it was overcast and not that warm, so we decided to go on and just try to sit near the back of the ride. But of course, because we have the best luck, we ended up in the front. We were supposed to be in the second seats, but the people who were assigned to the first row pretended they didn't speak English and took our spots. After causing a bit of a scene in the line, and the guy in charge of directing the line not doing anything, we sucked it up and sat in the front. The people behind us in line were covered up with ponchos and they wouldn't even sit in the front. What was the point of the ponchos then guys!?

[dress - Forever 21/belt - TJ Maxx/sandals - Target/bag - Dooney & Bourke/ears - Magic Kingdom, c/o my mom]

Needless to say, we got soaked. And there were no hand dryers in the bathroom! Luckily this dress was made out of some kind of linen and dried quickly. 


Main Street USA looked beautiful all lit up, but the real attraction was the castle. HELLO. SPARKLES. I AM HOME. I nearly died when I saw this. Have you ever seen anything so splendiferous!? We wandered around Magic Kingdom the rest of the night, riding the Haunted Mansion and Thunder Mountain and a couple of other little rides before the fireworks display at eleven. ELEVEN AT NIGHT. And there were little kids that were awake! I was barely awake. Kids these days.


The trip went by way too fast, and I wish we spent more time there. I also wish we planned it so we weren't there on a weekend. Magic Kindom on Saturday was such a mob scene, while Thursday and Friday in the parks were fairly quiet. On Sunday we planned on sitting by the pool, but it was cloudy and cold so we ended up wandering around Downtown Disney. That was kind of boring, actually. I can't wait to go back again, but it probably won't be until I have my own kids to bring!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails