Wednesday, February 2, 2011

30 for 30: day 2

Again, I am apologizing for the indoor photos and bland outfit, but the weather is just disgusting. I can only hope that as this challenge continues the weather will improve. Wouldn't it be fun if by the end of the 30 days all of this was gone?!


That's our little tree again, this time during the day so you can see it better. Notice I don't venture further than my porch for pictures. Can you blame me?

Despite the crummy weather, I actually got up and went to work today. I mean, i couldn't afford to take another day off, so I had no choice. My boss was surprised. She saw me and did a double take - "You're here! Aren't you afraid of snow??"
"Yes, yes I am. Believe me, I am just as surprised as you are."

It took me an extra 20 minutes to get into work, and the roads were horrendous, but I did it. It wasn't that we got a lot of snow, it was just particularly wet and slushy and a lot of towns have reached the limit of their snow removal budgets and basically aren't bothering. The town lines were incredibly obvious, depending on how clean the roads were.


I think this will be one of the first weeks I have actually worked all five days in a long time. Since before Christmas maybe. It's been holidays and snow since then! I'm slightly frightened for tomorrow's commute, since everything is supposed to ice over tonight. Can you tell I've been weather obsessed lately? What's happening in Egypt, Katrina? I don't know, can't you see it's snowing here?! All I know is I have a hair appointment tomorrow and my fringe needs some serious trimming and I hope nothing keeps me from getting my hair did!

[30 items: striped sweater, skinny jeans, brown boots/earrings - Forever 21/belt - Old Navy]

I will now leave you with some goofy pictures. One of them being my "little tea pot pose" that is now always requested when I am taking pictures. I really outdid myself this time. Oh and a bonus of Mia on a snowbank, because I love her. Even though she's totally looking at me all "Get me off this snowbank, bitch."


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails