Sunday, February 6, 2011

30 for 30: day 5

Ahh, Sunday, Sunday. Superbowl Sunday but that doesn't really matter to me. I have been watching the Puppy Bowl. I love the Puppy Bowl. A bunch of puppies romping around adorably? Sign me up, yo. Though the Puppy Bowl referee kind of has the most awkward job ever. Having to say "Puppy fowl! Unnecessary ruff-ruff-ruff-ness!" is pretty pathetic.


How was everyone's weekend? Mine was good. My best friend and I had our monthly breakfast on Saturday morning. We're both always so busy that it's nice to set aside some time to catch up. Plus, we love breakfast. After that we had a bit of retail therapy before she had to head off to work.


After I got back from all that, Boyfriend called. He also had to go to the mall, so back we went. We also went to Barnes & Noble where I got a new book. It will be the next one featured in my what i'm reading post, so you'll just have to wait until then to see what it is! While we were in the car riding to the mall, and I'm not sure how this started, but Boyfriend started talking about his knowledge of pop music. I swear, I think it started with him just out of the blue saying "I was just listening to Katy Perry's 'Firework' and you know, I still don't hate it."

This reminded me that when I was younger my brother and I used to call farts fireworks. So I told him this. And commented on how completely weird that was. Must have been something my mom taught us.

Anyway, he was ignoring me and still waxing poetic about Katy Perry. So I accused him of being a teeny bopper and asked if he had Bieber Fever too. He said he hadn't caught it yet. Yet.

"I don't even know any songs he sings. Honestly, I couldn't even name one." I told him.

"Seriously? You must know 'One Less Lonely Girl'. That one that goes 'Your world is my world'? Come on!"

"Um, no. No. The radio stations I listen to definitely don't play that." He harumphed and we drove on.  A few minutes later he said,

"I feel like I need to open your eyes to Justin Bieber. Maybe we should go see his movie. In 3D. Just you, me, and a hundred fourteen year old girls. How's that for a romantic date night?" I think he was kidding. I hope he was kidding.

 [30 items: oversized chambray shirt/black skinnies/black flat boots/belt - old, from mom]

After the Justin Bieber comment I had my eye on that kid the rest of the night. But he stayed in line. Mostly. After dinner he went home to get some shut eye since - surprise! - he went snowboarding today. I can't wait for this damn snow to melt so I can get my boyfriend back. After he went to bed and Jamie got out of work, I went to hang out with her for some girl talk time. So nice just to be able to sit and talk about all kinds of random stuff. That's what best friends are for!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails